Aussie Rallies as Business Confidence Improves
The Australian dollar rallied today despite concerns about the situation in the United States that made the currency drop yesterday. The Aussie profited from improving business confidence.
The business confidence index of the National Australia Bank climbed from 4 in August to 12 in September. The report said:
Confidence surges to its highest level in 3½ years. Business conditions, however, still subdued – with employment poor.
AUD/USD rallied from 0.9426 to 0.9476 and AUD/JPY advanced from 91.15 to 92.04 as of 13:08 GMT today.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Australian Dollar, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Australian Dollar:
- Aussie Suffers from Unexpectedly Poor Reports (2013-10-02)
- Aussie Jumps with Help from Fundamentals & RBA Rate Decision (2013-10-01)
- Aussie Follows Kiwi in Gains (2013-09-30)
- New Zealand Dollar Retreats, Traders Near Pre-Fed Level (2013-09-24)
- Aussie Rises as China's Manufacturing Growth Beats Expectations (2013-09-23)