Franc Mixed, Swiss Economy Looks Stable
The Swiss franc was mixed today even as the general risk-adverse market sentiment was beneficial to the currency. The Swissie rose a little against the euro, but fell versus the US dollar.
Risk aversion rules the Forex market this week and it benefited safe currencies, including the yen and the franc, but still they perform not as well as they should. The UBS consumption indicator remained virtually unchanged in July. Other indicators, including the employment data released tomorrow, are also expected to be stable.
USD/CHF advanced from 0.9171 to 0.9186 as of 16:01 GMT today, while its daily high was at 0.9213. EUR/CHF went down from 1.2286 to 1.2281.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Swiss Franc, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Swiss Franc:
- Swiss Franc Profits from Decline of Stocks (2013-08-20)
- Franc Drops as Traders Feel No Need for Safe Haven (2013-08-14)
- Swiss Franc Drops After Danthine's Comments (2013-08-12)
- Franc Gains Despite Unfavorable Data (2013-08-07)
- Franc Rises Even as Jordan Says Currency Ceiling Remains in Place (2013-07-22)