Indian Rupee Drops on Regulations Worries & Fed Speculations
The Indian rupee slumped today as attempts of policy makers to prevent further currency’s depreciation actually made investors less willing to bring money into the country. Uncertainty about stimulus tampering by the Federal Reserve did not help the currency either.
The Reserve Bank of India announced this week that it is going to take measures for reducing capital outflows out of the country. Traders did not welcome the news as they were concerned that such actions can make the market excessively regulated. Forex market participants are unsure about future policy of the Fed and uncertainty makes them less willing to risk and buy currencies of emerging economies.
USD/INR advanced from 61.4300 to 61.7650 as of 10:10 GMT today.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Indian Rupee, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Indian Rupee:
- India Rupee Lead Asian Currencies in Weekly Decline (2013-08-02)
- Rupee Rises as RBI Tightens Regulations (2013-07-24)
- RBI Raises Rates, Rupee Stronger (2013-07-16)
- Indian Rupee Heads to Record Low (2013-07-03)
- Rupee Slumps to Record Low (2013-06-26)