Falling Consumer Confidence Does Not Affect Pound Much
The Great Britain pound was little changed today even after UK consumer confidence unexpectedly fell this month, suggesting that the Britain’s problems did not end yet.
The GfK UK Consumer Confidence Index decreased by one point to -27 in April. Forecasters have predicted it to stay unchanged at -26. The report said that “the recovery in confidence has stalled, and real recovery looks a long way away”.
GBP/USD was at about 1.5495 as of 8:30 GMT today after falling from 1.5498 to 1.5465. GBP/JPY traded at 151.45, near the opening of 151.47.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Great Britain Pound, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Great Britain Pound:
- Britain Avoids Triple-Dip Recession; Pound Rallies (2013-04-25)
- Pound Gains on Europe's Woes, Trims Rally vs. Euro (2013-04-24)
- Pound Drops on Domestic Fundamentals, Attempts to Recover (2013-04-23)
- UK Pound Struggles after Earlier Success (2013-04-19)
- UK Pound Struggles after Unemployment Numbers (2013-04-17)