Swedish Krona Dips vs. Euro on CPI
The Swedish krona declined against the euro today as consumer price inflation last month was lower than analysts estimated, raising worries about the impact of the crisis on the nation’s economy.
The Consumer Price Index fell from 0.7 percent in August to 0.4 percent in September. Market participants have hoped for 0.6 percent. Worries about ability of Europe to emerge from crisis also weighed on the krona.
EUR/SEK was up from 8.6274 to 8.6528 as of 12:03 GMT today. USD/SEK was little higher from 6.6998 to 6.7016.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Swedish Krona, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Swedish Krona:
- Swedish Krona Falls Amid Interest Rate Cut Talks (2012-10-03)
- Swedish GDP Growth Revised Down, Krona Dips (2012-09-14)
- Swedish Krona Goes Higher with Retails Sales (2012-08-27)
- Krona Gains on Growth of Swedish Industrial Production (2012-08-14)
- Swedish Krona Rides Higher on Good GDP Growth (2012-07-30)