Zloty Gains as Investors Show Interest in Polish Assets
The Polish zloty strengthened today after JPMorgan Chase & Co. changed its view on the currency and as yesterday’s debt auction ended with a good result, showing that investors are interest in nation’s assets.
The yield on the Polish bonds maturing in 2023 reached the record low of 3.175 percent. Investors bought as much as $2 billion of securities on yesterday’s bond auction. JPMorgan improved its view on the zloty from underweight to neutral.
USD/PLN fell from 3.2259 to 3.1696 as of 16:47 GMT today.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Polish Zloty, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Polish Zloty:
- Zloty Drops as Samaras Talks to Merkel (2012-08-24)
- Zloty Rises with Poland's Retail Sales (2012-03-26)
- Zloty Gains as Polish Retail Sales Grow with Increased Pace (2012-02-24)
- Zloty Gains as Traders Expect Intervention from Central Bank (2011-12-28)
- Polish Central Bank Keeps Rates High to Support Zloty (2011-12-07)