CHF Near This Year’s Low vs. EUR, Flat vs. USD
The Swiss franc traded near the lowest level this year against the euro after European Central Bank’s announcement of the asset-purchase program boosted the shared 17-nation European currency.
The euro remains very strong after yesterday’s announcement from the ECB and the franc did not manage to catch up the European currency. Previously, the Swiss currency was trading sideways near the cap of 1.20 francs per euro. The Swissie still managed to follow erase its losses versus the dollar .
EUR/CHF surged from 1.2046 to 1.2127 as of 12:18 GMT today, while its daily high of 1.2154 was the highest since January 9. At the same time, USD/CHF traded at 0.9543, following the earlier climb from 0.9537 to 0.9579.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Swiss Franc, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Swiss Franc:
- Minister Says No Need for Additional Measures to Weaken Swiss Franc (2012-09-05)
- Franc Weakened by Falling Swiss GDP (2012-09-04)
- Franc Posts Weekly Gains vs. Dollar & Yen, Flat vs. Euro (2012-08-18)
- Swiss Franc Follows Euro in Gains (2012-07-03)
- Franc Follows Euro in Gains, EUR/CHF Closes Flat (2012-06-30)