Swedish Krona Goes Higher with Retails Sales
The Swedish krona gained today as rising retail sales added to speculations that fundamentals in Sweden are good and the nation’s central bank has no reasons to cut its interest rates.
Retail sales grew 2.4 percent in July on an annual basis, while the median forecast was 1.7 percent. Domestic consumer spending should support the Swedish economy, mitigating the negative influence of the global economic slowdown. The Riksbank has left its lending rates stable last month and analysts see no reason for the central bank to reduce the borrowing costs now.
USD/SEK fell from 6.6035 to 6.5907 as of 16:41 GMT today.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Swedish Krona, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Swedish Krona:
- Krona Gains on Growth of Swedish Industrial Production (2012-08-14)
- Swedish Krona Rides Higher on Good GDP Growth (2012-07-30)
- Swedish Krona Rises with Improving Consumer Confidence (2012-07-26)
- Krona Gains as Riksbank Keeps Repo at 1.5 Percent (2012-07-04)
- Swedish Krona Rises Even After CPI Slows (2012-06-12)