GBP Fluctuates After Jobless Claims Climb
The Great Britain pound fluctuated versus the US dollar today after a report showed that jobless claims rose last month more than was predicted. The currency was falling throughout the first half of the trading session, then rebounded and now fluctuates in a wide range.
Claims for unemployment benefits rose by 7,200 jobs in February, following the 7,000 increase in January. That was the 12th consecutive increase. The median forecast was a growth by 6,500 jobs. Unemployment rate remained stable at 8.4 percent.
GBP/USD traded at 1.5700 as of 12:09 GMT after opening at 1.5706. The daily maximum was 1.5743 and the minimum was 1.5648.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Great Britain Pound, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Great Britain Pound:
- UK Pound Gains on Economic Data (2012-03-13)
- GBP/USD Falls After Greek Bondholders Suffer Losses (2012-03-10)
- UK Pound Gains against the US Dollar (2012-03-08)
- UK Pound Declines against US Dollar (2012-03-06)
- UK Pound Higher after Dropping Earlier (2012-03-05)