Thai Baht Advances on Overseas Inflows
The Thai baht rose today, together with other Asian currencies, on the speculation that the growing economy and increasing interest rates will draw inflows of foreign funds in the nation’s economy.
Pheu Thai party won a clear majority in the elections last week, easing concerns about political unrest. The
USD/THB fell from 30.32 to 30.25 as of 15:39 as of 15:39 GMT today after falling to 30.12.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Thai Baht, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Thai Baht:
- Thai Baht Weak Ahead of Elections (2011-06-24)
- Thai Baht Gains as Economy Grows (2011-02-21)
- Thai Baht Demonstrates Best Performance Since February 2008 (2010-08-31)
- Thai Baht Gains on Capital Inflows & Central Bank's Statement (2010-08-20)
- Thai Baht Rises on Outlook for Growth of Asian Economies (2010-08-18)