Thai Baht Weak Ahead of Elections
The Thai baht fell today on the concerns about the coming elections and on the negative influence of the economic situation in the European Union.
Market participants are afraid that the election on July 3 will increase the political instability in the country. The baht declined 1.2 percent this month. That’s the worst performance against 10 major Asian currencies.
USD/THB rose to 30.67 from 30.64 today as of 13:49 GMT.
If you have any questions, comments or opinions regarding the Thai Baht, feel free to post them using the commentary form below.
Earlier News About the Thai Baht:
- Thai Baht Gains as Economy Grows (2011-02-21)
- Thai Baht Demonstrates Best Performance Since February 2008 (2010-08-31)
- Thai Baht Gains on Capital Inflows & Central Bank's Statement (2010-08-20)
- Thai Baht Rises on Outlook for Growth of Asian Economies (2010-08-18)
- Thai Baht Rises, but Remains Under Pressure (2010-06-30)